Chandos Glass Cone, Bridgwater
Once the site of a colossal structure built in 1725, only the base of the Chandos Glass Cone remains.
The cone was originally used for glass making and would have dominated the skyline of the town of Bridgwater.
Only used for a few years in the glass industry, it was later used for pottery making as a kiln, last being fired in 1939.
The remains of the Glass Cone are the remnants and evidence of a huge industry for which Bridgwater was famous; producing glass, pottery and bricks.